I have aligned our brand with the YWCA Durham team this year to support women experiencing domestic violence. The rates in Oshawa and Durham are alarming for domestic violence, higher on average than other areas in the province. Sadly the need is ever present and support paramount to help women get back on their feet after escaping the violence in their lives.
What can you do?
Starting immediately Trinity Design is collecting the following self care items for women in both the Y Wish Shelter and residency programs within the YWCA Durham organization. This includes the following NEW items (for health and sanitary reasons):
- Feminine hygiene products: sanitary napkins and tampons
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes, floss
- Hand soaps, hand sanitizers, shower soaps
- Baby products (diapers, pull ups, baby wipes, baby powder, shampoo, rash cream, baby oil)
- Conditioners, shampoos, deodorant & razors (male & female), makeup, hair spray, self care products, hair dyes, NEW hair brushes
If you wish to make a cash donation visit: http://www.ywcadurham.org/donate-jn2u6
Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $15 or more. YWCA Durham is a Registered Charity with Revenue Canada.
In addition, consider attending the yearly gala Starry Nights in support : http://www.ywcadurham.org/starry-nights
Thank you for supporting women in need in Durham Region – we look forward to capturing the experience and will accept donations at all seasonal and regular experience sessions, too.
Kirsten McGoey, Visual Storyteller